DID YOU KNOW?
"Hand-Up" is the name for Bridgeway's Compassionate/Love Ministry
This local emphasis is an extension of our concern, love, and passion for the families and people of The Crystal Coast. This ministry meets people where they are and offers grace, healing, hope, and love in the middle of life circumstances and situations that are complicated, difficult, and seemingly hopeless. How is this done? What means and methods have we adopted and put into place? Those are great questions. Let us explore some of the real ways and means that this is accomplished:
- We are a financial and prayer partner with the Women's Counseling Center in Beaufort, and several of our ladies/women are involved directly with this great ministry for the Crystal Coast.
- We offer pastoral and life assistance counseling services for premarital, marriage, conflict resolution, and spiritual direction and guidance that occurs throughout the calendar year. This is offered to members, attendees, and the community at large. We also offer Personal Budget Classes throughout the year to help struggling families and individuals glean/learn solid financial planning.
- We are partnered with Jarrett Bay Boatworks and provide chaplaincy services to them, once a week, for both counseling and devotional purposes. This started in 2009 and has continued for 10 years.
- We serve and work with the Boosters at East Carteret High School and supply many Bridgeway partners for work during home football games for their varsity football season. We just completed 10 years of this work and witness outreach. We are also one of the local churches who conduct the Baccalaureate Services at ECHS at the end of each school year.
- Each year, we distribute 50-60+ Thanksgiving Blessing Boxes to Martha's Mission in Morehead City to pass on the blessing of Thanksgiving to others who need hope and love in the most desperate way. This started in 2014 and continues.
- In December, we prepare and distribute Christmas Meal Boxes to elderly shut-ins, people in need, and emergency service personnel right here in Beaufort. Additionally, financing and monies were given to assist people with needs and to provide Christmas gifts to children. We've done as many as 95!
- Through our Compassionate Love Fund, we have: Assisted people and families with Utility Assistance; Rental and Insurance Payments; and purchases for items such as clothing, food, and fuel. We are one of a handful of churches in Carteret County that still offers these services to anyone who applies and is approved. See our Forms page for the application and process.
- Service Projects and Helping Others is our passion. At any given time, we are engaged and involved in 2 or 3 projects aimed at "getting out of the building" and "serving God while serving others." In the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, we housed as many as 28 people (with work teams) and were involved in 12 moves/relocations and 22 work-related projects and clean-ups.
- We partner with Loaves & Fishes (in Beaufort) as much as possible for the operation of their Thrift Store and Food Pantry. We try to help them in providing needs and regularly donate to their cause.
- We are continuously receiving and giving out Homeless Assistance Packs that contain necessary products and items to help those that have nothing. Our DOCK Ladies Ministry Team coordinates this ongoing effort.
- Bridgeway Church is a part of the Beaufort Association of Churches that works together for the benefit of this community, county, and the precious souls who live here.
It's about our heartbeat and belief...
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER!